Substitutes‎ > ‎

Substitute Educational Support Personnel (ESP)

Human Resources title graphic
Pueblo City Schools classified substitutes work in various positions in the district. Substitutes are sent for Paraprofessionals, Educational Assistants, Secretaries and Custodians just to name a few.

  • Complete a Pueblo City Schools' External application online
  • Include a copy of your GED or diploma
Once the Human Resource office has received your application, you may be scheduled for an appointment with the Executive Assistant in charge of substitutes to complete all required paperwork.

  • Social Security Card or Passport
  • Driver's License/Photo Identification Card
  • Voided check or deposit slip for automatic deposit


Colorado State Law requires that all classified staff be fingerprinted. You will receive information regarding fingerprinting at the time of your processing.

We will then provide you a Substitute Handbook and information regarding our automated substitute calling system.