Thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute with Pueblo City
Schools. Substitutes play a very important role in the education of our students. We are looking for committed professionals to contribute to our focus on children by becoming substitutes.
Substitutes are employed as classroom teachers (substitute teacher application) or as clerical, paraprofessional, educational assistants, security guards and custodians, to name a few (classified application). We currently employ more than 400 substitutes.
If you are interested in becoming a teacher in Pueblo City Schools,
working as a substitute teacher is a great way to sharpen your teaching skills. At the same time you will get to know our schools, principals and teachers. Classified substitutes may also apply for regular employment with the district.
TEACHER LICENSURE/AUTHORIZATION APPLICATION INFORMATION
To become a substitute teacher, you must complete an application for licensure or substitute authorization to on line through the Colorado Department of Education website. Go to: www.cde.state.co.us
1. Click on Educator Licensing/Services
2. Click on Substitute Authorization
3. Select Substitute Applicant (review the 5-year and 3-year substitute authorization information). The 1-year substitute authorization is only approved through Pueblo City Schools if you are enrolled and accepted into a Teacher Education Program.
4. Click on the appropriate (submit application)
5. First time users must register and set up your lifetime account (make sure you write down your user id and password for future reference)
6. Returning users must login and complete the renewal application information. If you have previously submitted your official transcripts, your fingerprints and your valid Colorado drivers license or Colorado identification card for Lawful Presence, you do not re-submit these documents for renewal
7. You will also submit your fee for your license/authorization on line with a credit or debit card
8. If you have an issue with the Colorado Department of Education website you may call them at (303) 866-6628 or you may contact the licensure department via e-mail at : email@example.com
For more information, please call the executive assistant for substitutes, Mary Beth Garrett at (719) 549-7139.
Pueblo City Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer